I have this great, mostly writte-up post all ready to go about how I’ve been so good and bought almost no yarn and have been knitting a ton and trading away yarn I don’t like. Then, well, MD Sheep and Wool happened. Yes, it’s this weekend and I’m not even attending but it resulted in my decided to buy some yarn from LYS from a vendor that’s going to MDSW, as the cool kids refer to it. So, yeah, not so good on the stash reduction on that front and now my post would just seem pathetic.
But, alas, I have all sorts of things filling my head I haven’t told you all about yet. Yes, this will be a list blog post.
1. I have been horrible about keeping up with Macro May. Not a single “real” macro photo since Sunday. I have a relatively free weekend so I should have time for more shots then.
2. I’ve knit four shawls in the last two months. Two have no recipient in mind (Haruni and Daybreak from my last post). No clue as to recipients, either.
3. I’ve had each of the following songs stuck in my head over the last week: I Feel Pretty (Dan and Cody’s fault), On the Street Where You Live, the “Children who refuse to learn, will not return” song from the Mary Poppins broadway soundtrack, and Country Girls.
4. I bought three albums last week: 99 Essential Spring Songs (Amazon only, all classical music), Best of Neil Diamond, Melissa Lambert’s latest.
5. I only have one project report and two finals standing between me and graduation. Starting to freak out about this fact.
6. I somehow managed to win a writing award at school. (Don’t laugh. I’m a much better writer in a technical forum than I am here. Here I mostly write like I talk – though without the figeting, odd faces, and hand movements.)
7. We’re having a Cinco de Mayo party with a few friends tonight. Matt’s been making things for it since Saturday. I’d have been happy just eating my weight in chips and tomatillo salsa.
8. I have yet to “set up” my chia elephant here at work. I tried to once but the chia seeds were duds. Purchased new ones this weekend but, alas, have nothing to soak said chia pet in (they gotta soak for 24 hours before you “plant” the seeds). Also, considering just trying to grow something like oregano instead of chia – would make cubical smell rather nice.
9. Cannot wait to do the ceremonial tossing of the school files once I receive all of my grades.
10. Thinking of wearing a knitted icord or crocheted chain at graduation, just because. And because the only other thing around my neck will be green/gold honor cords (magna cum laude!). Mom, I know you’ll disagree but it’s better than the “water wand” things Dad made his AP Chem students that one year.. (or did he just talk about that?)
11. I’ve been trying to make dinner one day a week, though it’s turned more into a day a month. Using mostly recipes from America’s Test Kitchen or Cook’s Country. I like that they assume you have no clue what you’re doing. I know in theory, then freak out when I’m actually left to do things by myself. Thankfully, I’ve got Matt to help me out when I freak out so much I can’t even figure out how to use our manual can opener.
12. I am rather desperate for new clothes. Went through my closet and got rid of everything that was too faded or falling apart to wear. Left me with 15 days of outfits. After removing things I will simply never wear again, I’m down to 8 days worth (including dresses which I rarely wear). This is after what felt like a giant shopping spree Saturday when I bought a dress, two tops, and three pairs of jeans. Yeah, really do need to do some more clothes shopping before I start the new job. And shoes to wear with the new dress (it’s dark blue, all nice shoes are black). Sometimes I rather dislike being female; Matt buys most of his clothes at Costco.
13. Matt’s dad is coming down Saturday to help clean the basement in preparation for my parents’ visit at the end of the month. It’s a total disaster between the fact we’re never down there and it’s where the cat box is located. Plus, stained, original to the house linolium tiles. Feel pathetic that I need help to clean it but even spending hours doesn’t seem to get anywhere. The man’s a cleaning genius so it should be dramatically improved. Also, I plan to hang out down there more often this summer. Just need to hook up the Wii to the TV so I can stream Netflix and keep a fuzzy blanket on the futon to curl up in. I could use the alone time to write more. What’s the female version of a Man Cave?
14. We only have the most basic cable plan. And, even that we were going to get rid of but it’s actually cheaper to have it than not due to the bundling with our internet. I don’t often miss it, but for one thing: Dr. Who. I was able to catch the first episode at Matt’s parents’ house but the last one, well, not so much. I’m going to have to turn to iTunes which means $3 per episode (yeah, $60 per season, approx). Expensive, yes, but I must remind myself that that’s less than a single month of the cable package required to see it. And I’m highly to re-watch the episodes multiple times (versus Top Chef which we also downloaded last eason and have zero desire to watch again).